We’ve only got a few more days before Christmas! Do you already have your gifts lined up for the holidays, or are you still trying to think of the best gift for your travel-loving family and friends? Don’t worry, we’ve got your back.
As a bonus, everything on this list has a price tag under $100 – perfect if you can’t spend too much this holiday season.
Here are some of our top travel gift picks:
- Pour-Over Brewer with Travel Mug, $22.95: Perfect for coffee aficionados who love a cup of brewed coffee on the go. It’s BPA-free and comes with a cone-shaped dripper for brewing. It also has an easy-to-close tab to avoid spillage.
- Anti-Theft Backpack, $99: This is well-suited for your friends who bring valuable things with them or who just want to be extra sure that they won’t lose their things while traveling. It has hidden zipper closures and is made of cut-proof material and a water-repellent fabric.
- World Travel Adapter, $14.15: This gadget is something that your traveling friends might like to have, especially if they carry a lot of gadgets with them that need to be charged. This small but amazing device allows the user to plug their device into any kind of power outlet anywhere, as it has an 8-pin AC socket that can be used with different kinds of plugs all over the world.
- Swimmer Bluetooth Speaker, $29.99: This next item is perfect for traveling audiophiles who want to bring their music along on their adventures. Why? You can mount it on your bike and ride with it or take it with you to the pool or ocean when you go out for a swim. It’s shockproof, and you can immerse it in up to 3 feet of water without this baby getting damaged! Amazing, right? Get it for only $29.99.
- OutdoorsmanLab Ultralight Sleeping Pad, $37.97: If you know a traveler who is fond of camping or backpacking on their adventures, this is the gift for them. This pad will definitely improve the quality of their sleep, as it allows them to sleep slightly above the ground on a softer base. And it’s portable, packing down into a tiny 8” x 3.5” case.
- Collapsible Mug, $14.78: Here’s another convenient item that a traveler can add to their packing list. This collapsible mug is made of silicone, which makes it easy to wash. It’s also microwaveable, which makes it even more convenient and easy to heat up. This cup also comes in different colors, so you can pick out the one that best suits your loved one.
- Rescue Tool, $12.95: This nifty gadget comes in handy for emergencies, especially if you get trapped inside a vehicle. It can break through glass windows in cars and can easily cut through a seatbelt. So this might be a good gift idea for your friends who enjoy taking road trips or who otherwise often ride in vehicles. (Warning: it’s not necessarily airplane carry-on safe – bring at your own risk!)
- Trekking Towel, $60: This is unlike an ordinary beach towel or your towels at home. This trekking towel was specifically made to make it easy for outdoors people to bring with them and not worry about the weight or space it takes up in their carry-on bag. It is lightweight and very absorbent; not only that, it dries up so fast you might hardly notice it even got wet in the first place. Last but not least, this particular towel offers sun protection (UPF) material.
- Compression Socks, $18.99-$24.99: One of the must-haves on our gift list is this pair of compression socks because not only do they protect your feet, they also aid in the circulation of blood in your legs, especially when traveling. This is also recommended for pregnant women and exercise buffs, as they help reduce stress on the legs.
- Multi-Tool Kit, $34.46: Would you believe that this handy-dandy item contains the things that you might need to survive in the great outdoors? It has a lid that works as a signal mirror, and it also has a nylon cord and emergency sewing kit. Neat, right? But wait, there’s more! It also includes a stainless steel wire, fishing kit, fire-starter, and compass. It comes equipped with a 100 dB whistle that can be heard over a mile away, too. This is definitely something that you want to give your friends or loved ones this Christmas. (Note: due to the knife, this item is also not carry-on friendly.)
- Grundig Mini Radio, $39.95: This mini radio is highly recommended not only because it is made by a well-known brand, but also because you can pick up AM, FM, and SW radio signals. It also comes with its own carrying case.
- Swivel Tool, $11.95: As one of the smaller items on our affordable travel gift list, this swivel tool disguises itself as a key. However, as soon as you unfold it, you’ll see that it’s not your typical keychain. It becomes a serrated knife, and when you place it at a 45-degree angle, it also becomes your very own Phillips screwdriver. It comes with a bottle opener, too. (Be wary about taking this one on planes as well.)
- Occles Eye Shades, $30: Finally, we’d like to recommend this pair of eye shades for travelers. It makes regular sleeping masks pale in comparison with its ergonomic design. You can use this not just while sleeping, but also while lazing around on the beach. It protects your eyes from harmful sun rays and its design helps prevent the dreaded “raccoon eyes” after a long sleep. The design of these eye shades allows you to keep it looped on your neck because of the flexible support that it has. You can now say goodbye to sleepless nights.
If you’re strapped for cash and still trying to think of what to give your traveling friend or family member this Christmas, we hope our suggestions here will help you in your search to find the perfect gift for them.
Happy Holidays to you and everyone on your list this year.
Also published on Medium.